Why Cameroon joined the EITI?
Created on Monday, 18 April 2016 14:19
Last Updated on Friday, 13 May 2016 14:36
Published on Wednesday, 30 November -0001 00:00
Convinced of the benefits of this initiative, such as:
- Fighting against corruption,
- Promoting of good governance,
- Promoting transparency, traceability and accountability,
- Improving the business climate,
- Attracting foreign investments,
and to maximize the positive impact of this sector on growth and the standard of living of its populations, Cameroon has joined the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) on March 17, 2005, on the instructions of President of the Republic, his Excellency Mr. Paul Biya.