Created on Tuesday, 07 October 2008 00:31
Last Updated on Saturday, 23 April 2016 14:31
Published on Friday, 13 May 2016 14:53
Stages of the implementation of the EITI are (It is recommanded to refer to the EITI Standard 2016):
1. Commitment: it is through a formal and public statement of national authorities concerned
2. Designation of the "national champion": a senior official controlling the extractive sector
3. Commitment to work with civil society
4. Implementation of the "multi stakeholder group" (committee) of the management and monitoring of the initiative in the country; it includes civil society, private companies and the public administration
6. Preparation of work plan
6. Mobilization of resources to finance the various activities planned in the work plan
7. Development of the communication strategy
8. Capacity Building committee members
9. Recruitment of conciliator or internationally recognized firm responsible for conducting the reconciliation of figures and volumes reported by companies on the one hand and State other.
10. Validation of formats and methodology proposed by the conciliator
11. Disclosure of figures and volumes to conciliator by extractive companies and the State
12. Reconciliation of figures and production of the report by the conciliator
13. Publication of the report by the Conciliation Committee
14. Communication on the report and the process particularly through multiplication of the report and made available to the public in a comprehensive, accessible, understandable manner and likely to stimulating discussion about its findings
15. Integration of improvements
16. Validation Process by an independent Validator
17. Reaching the status of "Country compliant"
18. Integration of culture of transparency in all extractive industries.